Basic UltraLight Motorized welcome to the world of low-budget flying
Another design by John Chotia, the designer of the very know Weedhopper. There were plans for sale of this one, but VULA is no longer active. Does anbody know where you can find them today?
Again, a lot of wires. Low top speed as result.
The Gypsy can be describes as:
"The Gypsy is a 3-axis ultralight designed by John Chotia in 1980, the primary structure is built entirely from aluminum, and foam is used for wing ribs and the fuselage pod."
- Wingspan: 9,75 m (32 ft)
- Wingarea: 13,38 m2 (144 sq ft)
- length: 5,18 m (17 ft)
- Empty weight: 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Gross weight: 188 kg (415 lbs)
- Cruise speed: 56 - 64 km/h (35-40 mph)
- Stall speed: 35 km/h (22 mph)
- Max speed: 89 km/h (55 mph)
- Engine: 20-30 HP (15 - 22 kW)